Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Good bye to a dear old friend..... who I never met.

I lost a very very dear friend last night who stays in my Apartment Complex. She suffered a heart attack and was taken away abruptly last night.
She is very active on FB and gives a bright new positive comment to every event. She had a way of looking at things that made you feel good about yourself and the world around. She offered to help in whatever way she could to reduce some of the sufferings that modern day parents inflict on themselves.
Active on FB and off it in community events, I never had the chance to actually meet her. She had asked me to come over through FB once and later repeated it through my wife, and I fully intended to go over and meet her.....
But alas, death snatched her away before I could carry out my intention.
I was devastated when I heard the news this morning since I never really thought there was so little time left for her. I was sure that I will meet her soon and just kept postponing it for the last one month due to all the other commitments, work, family, BNI, social engagements, etc.
We connected so well together at the soul level since many of her posts resonated with my thoughts and I genuinely wanted to meet her.
And now I'm going to see her in a glass coffin, later today, waiting to be cremated tomorrow. 
What can I tell her now? Sorry I took so long......
What excuse can I make up for this cruel oversight?
We think we have all the time in the world.. that we can postpone meeting people we like, love, respect, look upto,....
Is there anyway we can turn the clock now and give ourselves another chance. There's no backspace button in our life where we can erase our mistakes and recreate a different life in the past.
All we have is the present. And all the things that we have been postponing till now.
Tell I love you to those you care and do it today, right now. You don't know what the next hour or the next minute has in store for you.
Wake up. Hug those you love. Call up or visit those you have been postponing to do.
They may not be here tomorrow. And I don't want another person writing a note like this one.
We have just this moment. Hug, kiss tell I love you, I care for you. I respect you.

Rest in peace dearest Raji maami, I'll miss you. GC will miss you.... You are a great soul who had the power to do a lot of good for our community. Your energy will be sorely missed. 
Travel on.... and look after all of us from above... Love you and miss you ...

God bless your family and give them the strength to bear with this loss. If you have affected us so deeply, I'm scared to imagine how devastated they must feel. God bless and protect them.

Ode to a dear old friend Mrs Raji Kichami
https://www.facebook.com/raji.kichami


No comments:

Post a Comment