Saturday, December 13, 2014

Thanks to the Car Park attendant - 2014 Gratitude Series #3

Today I visited Nilgiris Adyar to pick up some stuff and there was no parking in the regular spots. The attendant outside the store, found me a place to park my car and I was able to go into the store to do my shopping.
Well there was nothing remarkable here about it for me to write about it is there? But wait. After my shopping, when I came out to get my car, there were several vehicles that were moving in and out that it made it difficult for me to take my car out.
This one chap was patiently assisting each vehicle to be taken out safely or to move in safely.
My turn came to move out and he cheerfully ran behind my vehicle to ensure that I moved out safely. Smile on his face. Full of energy, here was a chap who took his job seriously.
And he was not even getting paid by the people who he was assisting.
He stopped the oncoming traffic on the main road, ensured that I reversed my car safely and then took off to help the next person who needed his help.
Yes, he's getting a salary from the store owner.
But how many people we meet daily who are paid a salary but does their job in a surly or disinterested manner? We curse those who give us shoddy service. But don't stop to give a thought to these chaps who did their job cheerfully and enthusiastically.
We just mechanically accept their service and move on.
I stopped myself today to give him thanks. And mentally blessed him for helping me so cheerfully and for keeping everyone in a good mood by his energetic and positive manners.
Thank you nameless one... And God bless you!
I thank all those people out there who have helped me today, knowingly or unknowingly and wish that their life is blessed abundantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment